Our CEO Keya James recently shared a Youtube Video doing her daughter's hair into a Kids Half Up Half Down Wash and Go. it is a quick and easy style to do on your daughter's hair and will last a couple of days.
Here's how she achieved the hairstyle:
WASH DAY Products:
1. Shampoo with our Tailored Beauty Coconut Crème Shampoo or Tailored Beauty Clay Detox Shampoo Bar
2. Deep Condition with our Tailored Beauty Moisture Penetrating Deep Conditioner
1. Since it is a half-up, half-down style, you do want to section off the part of the hair that will be up. You can twist or braid or clip away the section to keep it out of the way.
2. For the half down section, take a small section to begin the styling process.
3. Spritz it with water to rehydrate and soften the hair.
4. Seal with the Tailored Beauty Everything Butter to lock in the hydration so that the hair stays moisturized for days. Also, it is a great base before applying the Tailored Beauty Perfect Coils Curling Jelly.
5. Apply the Tailored Beauty Perfect Coils Curling Jelly to the section working it in from root to tip using the praying hands' method to ensure the product spreads evenly. Also, if the curls start to feel heavy or weighed down, do not panic as it helps with curl definition.
6. Get your detangling/Denman/curl definition brush to enhance the natural definition of their curls. brush through the section to enhance their natural definition.
7. If you want your curls to be extra defined, you can go through and define each curl.
8. Continue steps 3 to 8 for the rest of the "half down section"
9. If you notice that the product combination appears white, do not worry as it will dry perfectly. There will be no white flakes, cast or product residure in the end.
10. Once the half down section is complete, let it dry for a couple of hours before doing the top section. It's best to do the top section on dry hair as you will be braiding.
11. Split the top half into two and apply the Tailored Beauty Jamaican Black Castor Oil Edge Control along the perimeter of each section. The edge control will allow you to have a better grip on the hair when doing the braids to keep them in place.
12. There are 4 cornrows in total, 2 on either side which are placed into a bun. You can do as much or as little cornrows as you like on your daughters hair as long as it suits their needs.
13. VOILA! Kids Half Up Half Down Wash and Go is complete!