If you’ve ever wanted an exquisite hairstyle for a special event, then Flexi-rod sets are your go-to.
Your hair will have these beautiful, shiny and fluffy curls achieved from wrapping the rod around it. Many think it’s easy until they must do it. They usually have dry, frizzy or lacklustre results. While the rest may shy away from doing it because they don’t want the failed result. We’ve all been there, so we’ve provided the solution.
To get the best results for your Flexi rod set is to use a mousse.
Not a regular foaming mousse, but our Tailored Beauty Flexible Curl Potion Mousse
Our mousse contains a key herbal ingredient “Hibiscus”.
The plant is native to the Asian and Caribbean communities because of the mineral potency of it for our hair. It contains amino acids which aid in strengthening our hair, Vitamin B which aids in promoting growth, Vitamin C to keep your hair hydrated and Vitamin A to enhance the natural lustre of your hair.
With our mousse, you will get defined moisturized, shiny and LIGHTWEIGHT Curls. Thus, making it perfect for your Flexi-rod sets.
STEP BY STEP:
1. Start on freshly cleansed hair using our Tailored Beauty Shampoo + Tailored Beauty Conditioner + Tailored Beauty Deep Conditioner.
This allows your hair to have a clean slate to better absorb the foaming mousse when it is applied.
2. Split your hair into even sections so that it’s easier to manage.
You can split it into two, four or even six sections depending on your hair length and type. In addition, it makes your parting is easier to do for how you want your hair to fall.
3. Take a piece of hair from the back to start the rodding process.
4. Spritz the mini section with water so that the foam is easier to apply, and your curls start popping.
5. Pump 2 to 5 pumps of the mousse into your hands. The number of pumps will vary depending on your hair’s thickness and length. The thicker and longer the hair, the more product it needs. The finer and shorter the hair, the fewer pumps it needs.
6. Apply the foam into unto the mini section and work it in using the praying hands' method. You have to ensure that each strand is coated with the mousse so that the hair becomes pliable to move unto the road.
EXTRA: You can brush the section to ensure that the product spreads evenly from the roots to the tip.
7. Grab your Flexi rod and place it at the root of your mini section. Ensure that the rod is protruding 2 to 3 inches above the start of the section.
8. Wrap the mini section around the road and ensure to smooth it down. Smoothing ensures that they are no flyaways or frizz so the style forms better.
9. Close the Flexi-Rod at the top by turning the protruding tip down. As well as, close it at the bottom as well. This ensures that the Flexi-Rod holds your hair in place until its time to remove it.
10. Continue doing this throughout your head of hair.
EXTRA: Don’t forget to section the Flexi-Rod so that it falls to frame your face.
11. Unravel each rod apply Tailored Beauty Lustrous Hair Remedy Serum and separate once the hair is COMPLETELY dry