One of our lovely Tailored Beauties showed us how to do a sleek rod set out using our Tailored Beauty Flexible Curl Potion Mousse. Her results were beautiful especially her pink hair gave it a bit of pizzazz.
In this blog post, we're going to a detailed step by step on how to achieve the same look:
1. Tailored Beauty Moisturizing Coconut Creme Shampoo
2. Tailored Beauty Coconut Creme Conditioner with Mango Butter
3. Tailored Beauty Moisture Penetrating Deep Conditioner Treatment
4. Tailored Beauty Curl Antidote Curling Cream
5. Tailored Beauty Everything Butter
6. Tailored Beauty Flexible Curl Potion Mousse
1. Section Clips
3. Paddle Brush
1. Shampoo your scalp with our Tailored Beauty Moisturizing Coconut Creme Shampoo.
2. Rinse w/ Warm Water
3. Condition and detangle with our Tailored Beauty Coconut Creme Conditioner with Mango Butter
4. Rinse w/ Warm Water
5. Deep Condition with Tailored Beauty Moisture Penetrating Deep Conditioner Treatment out for approximately 20 minutes using indirect heat.
Rinse w/ Cold Water
6. Moisturize your hair in 4 or 6 sections using Tailored Beauty Curl Antidote Curling Cream
7. Seal it in using our Tailored Beauty Everything Butter section by section and twist away.
8. Unravel one section, and section away the remainder of the hair.
9. Take a mini section from the first section.
10. Apply a small pump of the Tailored Beauty Flexible Curl Potion Mousse to the mini section and work it in from tips root to tip. If you realize that the section needs more mousse, add more accordingly.
*These are the crucial parts because you don't want your roots to look puffy or your ends to look frizzy.
11. Use a paddle brush to evenly spread the mouse as well as to stretch the hair.
*Denman brushes will allow your curls to clump together, and we want the hair as smooth and elongated as possible.
12. Get your perm rod and start rodding upwards. Then, secure it into place using the band or bobby pin.
*Place the perm rod at the end of the section and smooth the ends unto it. Pull taught and move the perm rod upwards towards the root. You can choose to rod You may have to keep smoothing the hair unto the road to ensure that it lays smooth.
13. Take another mini section from the first section and repeat step #12 again.
You'll continue until your entire head is finished.
14. Add a little mouse to your edges, and create a neat S and curl pattern.
15. Tie your hair down using Our Tailored Beauty Satin Cap and scarf.
16. Check to ensure that your hair is 100% dry especially the roots.
17. Unhook and unravel each rod.
18. Voila! Your curls should be sleek, curly and shiny.