As a naturalista, you should avoid any form of shampoos or cleansers with sulfates. Sulfates are a chemical compound used by manufacturers to increase the consistency of the product while keeping their cost low. They are used in our detergents and dishwashing liquids to give the result of a squeaky clean. However, when it comes into contact without hair it removes the natural oils from our scalp. This oil is the sebum that is produced by our scalp that is needed to moisturize our new growth. There are natural ways to to clarify your hair without sulfates.
Signs that you need to clarify:
- Your hair is has a lot of buildup from products that contain silicones, mineral oils (our products never contain silicones or mineral oil), or casting gels.
- Swimming in chlorine water
- Products that contain temporary color
- Your hair feels stringy or mushy
- Your hair is flaky
Here is a step by step on how to clarify your hair naturally without the use of sulfates
To start the process you want to wash your hair with a moisturizing shampoo. Our Coconut Cream Moisturizing Shampoo is great of cleansing the hair without leaving it stripped. It contains Aloe Vera to keep your hair pH balanced which means that your hair will be in tip top condition for every step of your wash process.
2] ACV Rinse or Bentonite Clay
- ACV Rinse- in a cup measure 1 part ACV to 4 parts water to create your ACV mixture. Once your hair is washed with the Coconut Cream Moisturizing Shampoo pour the ACV mixture on your hair and let it sit for 2-5 minutes then rinse. You will notice that your natural curls will pop, this is an indication that your hair is clarified
- Bentonite Clay- Bentonite clay is a great cleanser that will give your hair a deep cleanse without stripping it off the natural oils. The clays contain negatively charged ions which will attach to positively charged ions (aka your hair products) and remove them from the scalp. Hence, why it is a great cleanser because it removes product build-up
3] Moisture Penetrating Deep Conditioner -
After Clarifying you always want to follow up with a Deep Conditioner. The Tailored Beauty Moisture Penetrating Deep Conditioning Treatment contains Ayurvedic herbs that are known to penetrate the hair shaft with the nourishment needed to grow, thicken, strengthen as well as moisture the hair. You would apply a deep conditioning cap or hat cap and let it sit for 15 minutes. Then, rinse.
4] Grow Thick Oil -
And finally, follow up with our Grow Thick Oil. This oil contains a blend of key oils. Each oil plays its part in providing omegas, vitamin and minerals needed for healthy hair and scalp. A Hot Oil treatment is a perfect way to replenish moisture and oils back into your hair after clarifying.
That's it! Have you ever tried this regimen? let us know in the comments