Shampoo Bars have become popular in the natural hair market.
This is due to the fact that it as a convenient product form of shampooing your natural hair. As well as, it provides additional benefits for your lifestyle, hair and the environment.
On October 1, we launched our Clay Detox Shampoo Bar for you our loyal customers. We believe the shampoo bar will become a staple within your natural hair product/regimen. So we decided to write a blog post dedicated to our Shampoo BARS.
Let's get into it:
Tailored Beauty Clay Detox Shampoo Bar
1. The clay detox bar is an easy way to clarify your hair using "clay" without having to make those messy and hassle some DIY clay mixes.
2. Easy to use as it can be applied to your scalp and massaged into it to create the "sud" that we love.
3. It's easy to carry or travel with. Shampoos/Soap bars don't have TSA restrictions as "liquid" items do that you have to adhere to. So you don't have to worry about your shampoo leaking on your clothes when you're preparing for your next vacation.
4. It is environmentally friendly option to replace your bottled shampoo. The bar is biodegradable when compared to shampoo bottle containers. As well as, the containers are free of toxic chemicals that may harm your body.
5. It is made with 100% natural ingredients. So you'll be able to identify each and every ingredient that is going to your hair. And you'll be able to determine not only if it is safe, but if it agrees with your hair.
6. It is long lasting for just $14. If you wash your hair on a weekly basis, the shampoo bar will last you over a month. And when compared to a liquid shampoo which only last 1.5 months. So you'll be receiving a long lasting product for a great value.
KEY INGREDIENT IN IT:
BENTONITE Clay - Since it is a "Detox" shampoo bar, one would expect it to have some form of clay, which in this case is bentonite clay. Bentonite clay is a natural clay mined from the earth. It has a negative charge which makes it great for our hair products which are positively charged. It is able to attach to the particles to completely cleanse the scalp and hair shaft of it. It's commonly used when you want to strip your hair due to product build up, excess oil or just to properly hydrate and moisturize your hair shaft. And as such, it was a must for the our shampoo bar.
SHIKAKAI Powder - We also added Shikakai Powder which is a popular ayurvedic herb. Ayurveda is a form of healing using herbs and oils to bring the hair (mind and body) to it's full potential. The shikakai naturally helps to lift excess dirt, oil and products from the scalp. As well as, it is rich in minerals, specifically anti oxidants, that will repair damaged hair strands, fill broken hair strands and strengthen your hair shaft.
BLACK SEED Oil - As well as, blackseed oil which is another popular ayurvedic oil. Black seed oil aids in soothing an inflamed scalp. Therefore, it will stop and prevent the scalp from reacting in the form of itching, flakes, psoriasis. How? Because the scalp si getting the minerals needed from the oil for it to function effectively. Therefore, promoting healthy hair growth.
ESSENTIAL Oils (Rosemary & Peppermint Oil) - Essential oils are key because they are antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. What this means is that it prevents the scalp from being harmed by foreign objects, living organisms (e.g. virus, bacteria, fungi), and hair products. So it will keep the scalp calm and protected so that it can do what it should be doing. This includes growing your hair as well as producing sbeum needed to nourish that growth.
HOW TO USE:
1. Prep your hair prior to shampooing.
This depends on what you usually do for your wash day regimens. So if you prepoo, do it.
2. Section your hair into 2, 4 or 6 sections.
If you don't know how many sections to do then you can stick to the general rule of thumb: the longer/thicker hair you have do more sections as opposed to if your have short/thinner hair.
3. Wet the bar.
This makes it easier to work into your scalp. And, it creates the SUD that we all like to feel when shampooing. As well as, there is no hard or fast rule for the temperature of the water.
4. RUB the bar into the SCALP only section by section.
So move the bar in circular motions as you would if you were massaging your scalp. This allows the soap to be applied into the scalp and worked into it. Ensure that you get each and every section of your hair.
If it's your first time using a bar, it may be difficult or uncomfortable to do.
However, you'll get the hang of it - we all did.
5. Then, rub your scalp massaging brush/fingers into your scalp to massage the scalp to ensure that it is fully coated with it.
6. Once your finished, shampooing your scalp, just rinse it out.
Voila ~ !
Not only is the bar quick and easy to use, but it is beneficial to add to your regimen.
Let us know in the comments how you are loving our NEW Clay Detox Shampoo Bar.