Top 5 Hairstyles For Length Retention
Protective styling and length retention go hand in hand. Protective styling will help reduce damage and breakage throughout the length of your hair. While it might seem counterintuitive, the true way to promote length retention is not through supplements to encourage faster hair growth, but to actually protect your current hair against future damage. Protective styles are the key to growing long, healthy hair.
But what is a protective hairstyle? At its core, it’s about protecting the ends of your hair, reducing tangles and knots, and preventing damage before it happens. Ideally, a protective style for length retention will keep your ends covered, but detangled. Protective hairstyles that promote length retention will often come in the form of braids, twists or knots.
Our top five hairstyle picks for length retention are:
1) Box braids- Box braids are a classic protective hairstyle that are low maintenance, endlessly customizable, and can last for weeks. Heres a tip- a mixture of Tailored Beauty Coconut Creme Conditioner and water in an applicator bootle is a great way to cowash hair in this protective hairstyle
2) Mini twists resist frizz and offer shinier, smoother twists than basic twists. Tailored BeautyPerfect Coils Curling Jelly adds the prefect amount of shine and hold to twists without the crunch.
3) Bantu knots are great for women not interested in adding extensions because they look good at any length. They protect ends and offer a larger, fuller curl once removed. This style can be done on stretched hair by adding Tailored Beauty Moisturizing Mists to set the bantu knots.
4) Conrowns look great in thicker or thinner section. Plus, they are lower maintenance than some of these other options. Tailored Beauty Jamaican Black Castor Oil Edge Control is perfect for laying and growing those edges!
Wigs and Hair Extensions
5) Wigs and Hair Extensions can be put in unnecessarily tight and cause damage to the follicles. However, when done right, these will protect your natural hair while offering you endless options for styling. Adding Tailored Beauty Grow Thick Thick Oil to hair underneath wigs and weaves helps to stimulate hair growth and keep hair moisturized.
As long as you keep in mind that the key to promoting hair growth and length is through keeping your hair healthy with protective hairstyles, you should be able to grow your hair out without an issue.